In this video, lead paint abatement specialist Ron Peik displays the secure, appropriate way to dispose of guide paint.
Measures for Eradicating Direct Paint
- Use a paint scraper to get rid of the paint from the outdoors corners of baseboard.
- Accumulate the guide-paint dust utilizing a special HEPA vacuum.
- Install new drywall over walls that consist of guide.
- Take out doorways and mantelpieces and bring to a business refinisher who has a dip tank for chemically stripping off the old paint.
- Use a hammer and pry bar to take out all moldings that will be changed by new wooden.
- Immediately after eradicating the moldings, use a HEPA vacuum to acquire lead-paint dust.
- Insulate the voids around the windows and exterior doors prior to replacing the interior trim.
- At the time all the direct paint has been taken out, clean all surfaces in the total space with a TSP option.