How to prevent a clog
A clogged sink or toilet bowl –Αποφράξεις Αντωνίου are some of the most annoying things you can experience in your house. In order to keep your sinks and drains clean and clog-free, you will need to avoid some things and follow some steps. Today in this article, we are going to talk to you about what you can do to prevent a clog.
Make sure that you are cleaning your sinks, bathtubs and toilet bowls correctly and that you are not dealing any damage to them. Keep reading to find out more about how to prevent a clog!
Most bathrooms are usually consisted of a sink, a shower or a bathtub (sometimes both) and a toilet bowl. Some people are keeping their washing machines in the bathroom too, which we are going to discuss later on. In order to prevent a clog –Αποφράξεις Αργυρούπολη– you are going to follow some steps. Here they are:
- Never throw objects in the toilet bowl. In case you have children, make sure that their hands and toys are not messing with the toilet bowl. Apart from hygiene reasons, the toys that end up in the toilet could cause a serious clog. Other members of the family should not throw paper towels or baby wipes in the bowl too.
- Keep your hair out of the drain. When showering, taking a bath or simply combing your hair, please make sure that not many strands end up in the drain pipes. Hair is the number one cause of bathroom clogs as they tend to stick on the pipes, get tangled and then hold more products like soap or shampoo. The masses they create are causing awful clogs.
- Make sure that no beauty products are thrown in the sink. Beauty products might make you feel and look better but they do not belong in your pipes. Especially creams and oils that people are using in their daily routine, should not be disposed in the sinks.
In the kitchen, things are quite similar as what is valid for your bathroom. You will need to be extra careful regarding the things that end up in your sewing system Αποφράξεις Πειραιάς. We are going to present you the most dangerous things that could cause damage if they run down the drain.
- Oils and fats. Oils like olive oil, seed oils and butter are fatty substances. What does this mean? That when they are hot, they are in liquid form but they get solid, the minute they get cold. Oils that travel down your pipes are solidifying and gathering up many other food scraps that end up in the piping system!
- Egg shells. They can be harsh at the surface of your pipes and they can easily cause a blockage as they are hard and some times water is not able to push them down if they get stuck in your pipes!
- Pasta, rice and flour. These two foods are made of flour and tend to be very absorbent. You cook them in water and they expand twice their size so you really should not put them in your sink. When cooking them make sure to drain them carefully so they will not get stuck in the pipes. Flour on the other hand can get gooey when it gets contact to water. The paste that is created can cause a lot of issues in your pipes.
- Coffee. Coffee acts exactly as rice and pasta even when it is already brewed. So keep an eye on where you are disposing it.
- Paper and plastic. Any paper or plastic pieces from labels can also deal damage to your pipes. Make sure to peel the labels off the fruit before washing them.
Garbage disposal hacks
If your kitchen sink has a garbage disposal you need to follow these hacks. They will not only clean your sink but they will leave it fresh and sharp too!
- Vinegar ice cubes: Put some vinegar in an ice cube tray and top it off with water. Let the mixture become ice and toss a few ice cubes in your garbage disposal. Run it and you will not only get a clean system due to the vinegar but you will also sharpen those knives!
- Citrus peels: When juicing oranges, grapefruits and lemons do not dispose the peels! They are a great cleaner for your garbage disposal! Cut them in quarters and toss them in the drain. Pour some white vinegar if you like and let it run for a minute. It will be fresh as a daisy and squeaky clean!
Professional drain cleaning crew
Call a professional drain cleaning crew – Αποφράξεις Πεντέλη– anytime you feel that a clog is causing more damage or generally upsets and discomforts your usual program. If a clogged drain is not letting you keep up with your daily life then call the professionals to unclog your sinks and give you advice on what you need to do to avoid any future clogs.
You need to call them when there is nothing you can do to fix the clog and of course when a flood or an overflow is happening at your place.
How to keep your sinks clean
If you wish to stay away from clogs you need to keep your sinks, bathtubs, showers and toilet bowls clean. This also includes the drain on the floor of your bathroom as many clogs happen due to the blockage of this drain. In order to keep the m clean there are several things you can do.
First of all you need to establish a routine when you are cleaning your bathroom and kitchen. Once a week is not enough some times so you will need to clean it more often. Secondly, you need to use the correct products. A lot of chemical cleaners are dealing damage to your pipes instead of cleaning them. Natural ingredients such as vinegar as we mentioned before are better and more environment-friendly.
Last but not least, you will need to run some hot water in your sinks and bathtub every now and then so that you can get rid of any oils or hair that are stuck in your pipes. If they are clean you will not have a clogged drain soon and of course insects will not be able to climb through the sewer system!